You are hiring Ken Collins Marketing, to design and develop a website for the total price outlined in the package you choose. Of course it’s a little more complicated, but we’ll get to that.
THIS INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING
- Pre-made website theme (NOT a template – anything and everything can change in any way)
- Customization of colors to match your logo or brand
- Addition of provided logo
- Other website customization within the allowed parameters of the platform(s)
- If third-party software is required to achieve the functionality you require, we will advise you on your options and any additional cost this may incur prior to implementation.
- Social media icons and connections
- Integration of Videos and Image portfolios
- WooCommerce integration if requested
- Donations integration if requested
- Website Hosting – No limit on Disc Space or Bandwidth
- Hosting and Website Technical Support
- Website Changes and Revisions Support
We will begin with a theme or layout pack we choose based on our understanding of your needs. We will provide the above-mentioned customizations on the design but will not edit the wireframe structure of the theme chosen.
WORDPRESS/CSS/HTML LAYOUT PROGRAMMING
We will develop your website using CSS/HTML in the WordPress open source software for your website’s styling. We will test all our markup and CSS in current versions of all major browsers including those made by Apple, Microsoft, and Mozilla.
We will not test these templates in old or abandoned browsers, for example Microsoft Internet Explorer 5, 5.5, and 6 for Windows or Mac, previous versions of Apple’s Safari, Mozilla Firefox or Opera unless otherwise specified. If you need to show the same or similar visual design to visitors using these older browsers, we will charge you at the hourly rate of $150 per hour for any necessary additional code and its testing.
TEXT CONTENT & PHOTOGRAPHS
Web Copy and photographs are not included and are required by you to provide in a timely fashion. We can do SOME creation of images and SOME writing of text content. This will be at Ken’s discretion, but count on providing us with as much of your own images and written content as possible.
You will supply photographs in the highest-resolution digital format available to you. If you choose to buy stock photographs we can suggest vendors of stock photography. If we spend time searching for appropriate photographs, you will be charged at the hourly rate of $150 per hour.
VIDEO & IMAGE PORTFOLIOS
Videos and Images are not included but we are happy to add, and recommend you add, them to your website. Videos will need to be uploaded by you to a video host service (such as YouTube) for us to use. Images will need to be sent to us. If there are large quantities of images we request you send them in a zip file or arrange for access to cloud storage.
WEBSITE CHANGES & REVISIONS
We know from experience that charge-by-the-hour contracts are rarely beneficial to you, as they often limit you to your first idea about how something should look, or how it might work – and more importantly, your budget. We do not want to limit either your options or your opportunities to change your mind.
You will be charged a monthly or yearly flat rate fee. Along the way, we will ask you to put requests in writing (via email) in order that we will be able to keep track of changes.
OUR MONTHLY / YEARLY WEBSITE CHANGES & SUPPORT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING
- Revisions, Additions, or Deletions of text content or images on existing pages and or post (you provide text and images)
- Revisions of colors changes
- Revisions of removing or adding new logos
- Changing site domain or pointing other domains at the website
- Assistance in adding blog posts you have written
- Assistance in technical issues within the WordPress platform
- Assistance in WordPress and theme updates
- Support is provided within a 7 working-day window. For quicker support issues please contact us by email, state your need, and we will do what we can to accommodate within reason.
- This does not include all revisions to the website layout and design. We hold the right to determine what revisions will hold an extra charge on top of the monthly fee agreed upon. We will alert you to any such need for extra charges so that you may make the final decision to proceed.
WEBSITE HOSTING & TECHNICAL SUPPORT
You may already have professional website hosting; you might even manage hosting in-house; if that is the case we are unable to manage and support your hosting. If you do not manage your own website hosting, we can set up an account for you with our preferred hosting. This will be included in the monthly hosting and support cost mentioned above.